Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:47
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

I am having trouble displaying email messages under Outlook 2007. All plain text messages I receive are displayed right-to-left whether they are Arabic or English. Here is an example: http://www.zeineldine.my.proz.com/images/outookMessage.JPG .

If I edit the message under Outlook and change text direction to LTR, it reverts back to RTL when I save it.

... See more
I am having trouble displaying email messages under Outlook 2007. All plain text messages I receive are displayed right-to-left whether they are Arabic or English. Here is an example: http://www.zeineldine.my.proz.com/images/outookMessage.JPG .

If I edit the message under Outlook and change text direction to LTR, it reverts back to RTL when I save it.

This also creates a problem when I need to print a bill or receipt that I received by email for tax purposes since the message is printed right-to-left.

I tried changing all the relevant settings I can think of with no avail. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the problem?
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
Settings Jul 10, 2007

I know you tried to change the settings, but just in case you missed this one: Under Options > Right to Left > Layout options: Left to Right.
I have a similar problem with Outlook Express which I haven't been able to solve yet. The messages display correctly, but once I click "Reply" the (English) messages turn Right to Left! I've also failed to change that, except on a message by message basis.

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:47
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried this one Jul 10, 2007

Thanks Nesrin, but I had tried your suggestion already. It seemed appropriate, but it did not work.

rahmatafg1
rahmatafg1
Local time: 20:17
English
Text Direction Jan 10, 2009

I had the same problem. what i did is that i went to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates and changed the text direction of "NormalEmail.dotm" file and it worked.
I would like you to try it and see if it works.

Note: the easy way is to open the "NormalEmail.dotm" file which will open in MS word, then change the text direction and save it to the desktop as "Word Mcro inabled template.dotm" and give it the name "NormalEmail". After that copy i
... See more
I had the same problem. what i did is that i went to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates and changed the text direction of "NormalEmail.dotm" file and it worked.
I would like you to try it and see if it works.

Note: the easy way is to open the "NormalEmail.dotm" file which will open in MS word, then change the text direction and save it to the desktop as "Word Mcro inabled template.dotm" and give it the name "NormalEmail". After that copy it from desktop and paste it to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder. a message will pop up saying that the file is being used by another program. press CTRL+ALT+Del and in the processes tab end the process of Outlook.exe.
then try again to paste the file in the folder and it will work this time.

Regards,
Rahmat
Collapse

nizaradi
nizaradi
Local time: 17:47
Outlook 2007 text direction Feb 19, 2010

please go to Start=>All programs => Microsoft Office=> Microsoft Office Tools=> Microsoft Office Language Settings 2007=> Primary editing Language , and set the default language to(English United kingdom ) I hope this will help you

Best regards
Nizar Aradi

Alaa Zeineldine wrote:

This also creates a problem when I need to print a bill or receipt that I received by email for tax purposes since the message is printed right-to-left.

I tried changing all the relevant settings I can think of with no avail. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix the problem?

[Edited at 2010-02-19 17:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook 2007 text direction

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »