Thread poster: Maxim Manzhosin
Maxim Manzhosin
Maxim Manzhosin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:21
English to Russian
Feb 13, 2012

Hi,

Is there an option to filter untranslated segments *without* locks, not the other way? I am regularly asked to translate minor updates to a large TTK file, and it's a huge pain to find a few untranslated "unlocked" segments among hundreds of locked ones.

I'm using Catalyst 9.0 Translator/Lite edition.

Thanks,
Maxim

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:21
English to French
+ ...
Untranslated Feb 13, 2012

Hi Maxim,

I've got the Pro version so I'm not sure about the filters in the Lite version but why don't you just sort your file with the Untranslated filter.

Bernard

Maxim Manzhosin
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Untranslated already includes locked Feb 14, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Applying the Untranslated filter displays all locked segments as well. This means I get a list of several hundred locked segments among which I need to spot a few translatable ones. I'm missing the ability to filter out locked segments.

Maxim

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sort by: Item locked Feb 14, 2012

Hello,
I know this is not exactly what you ask for, but you can use the bar on the Project Workspace (the one containing: ID, the lock image, the eye image...)
By clicking the lock image, you can sort the strings by locked item, so you will have all those strings at the very end.

Maxim Manzhosin
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, sorting helps a bit Feb 14, 2012

Thank you Helmaninquiel. Yes, I use sorting but I wanted to make sure there is no hidden option to filter out locked segments altogether.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Look In Feb 14, 2012

Hi Maxim,

Maybe if you combine Items Locked and Look In Untranslated, you might get what you want if this option is available in the Lite version

Bernard

Maxim Manzhosin
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Feb 14, 2012

I figured out that filtering by Untranslated with Locks actually allows you to expand/collapse locked items which is very close to what I'm looking for.
Many thanks to everyone!

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem Mar 28, 2013

I'm new to Catalyst and have exactly the same problem. Filtering by Untranslated with locks helps, but only so much. Is there an efficient way to find the *files* that require localization (among a lot of those that don't) AND the *strings* to localize there?

[Edited at 2013-03-28 14:48 GMT]

Uta Kappler
Uta Kappler
United States
Local time: 21:21
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Find the *files* that require localization Mar 29, 2014

Hi Artem,

Go to the Statistics tab. (Click on the Statistics icon in the bottom left corner of the main window, OR select View > Statistics in the main menu.)

Then click on the refresh button in the top right corner of the Statistics window. Wait. Depending on the TTK size, the number of files and your system this may take a little while.

Once the TTK statistics have been generated, you can click through the structure and find the files with
... See more
Hi Artem,

Go to the Statistics tab. (Click on the Statistics icon in the bottom left corner of the main window, OR select View > Statistics in the main menu.)

Then click on the refresh button in the top right corner of the Statistics window. Wait. Depending on the TTK size, the number of files and your system this may take a little while.

Once the TTK statistics have been generated, you can click through the structure and find the files with untranslated strings very easily.

Only files that are fully translated will show a blue check mark. Files that include untranslated strings will not show the checkmark, but rather no symbol, or, if they include strings that have been fuzzy leveraged (which will need to be edited), they will show a blue eye with a red question mark.

More details can be found in the Help system (Project Environment section).

Hope this helps,
Uta
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst 9.0: show Untranslated without locks

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »