Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:30
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2020

TheCafeTranCurse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Comparison_of_computer-assisted_translation_tools#The_CafeTran_Curse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Where's the link? Sep 29, 2020

Sorry Michael but using Google I can't find any link to the crowdfunding page.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Lol Sep 29, 2020

I think it's a joke, Tom.

I thought Wikipedia was an encyclopaedia, not a business directory...

Nicolas Gambardella
Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
Trying to restart the draft Sep 29, 2020

Hello,

After creating the French page (I encourage the other translators here to do the same in other languages), I am trying to restart the EN one. I want to do that in collaboration with WP editors. I contacted all those who previously declined the submission.

There is no point in being aggressive with them, that will bring us nowhere. What is important now is to reach a point where we can have a minimal page, factual, without boasting, that can be accepted.
... See more
Hello,

After creating the French page (I encourage the other translators here to do the same in other languages), I am trying to restart the EN one. I want to do that in collaboration with WP editors. I contacted all those who previously declined the submission.

There is no point in being aggressive with them, that will bring us nowhere. What is important now is to reach a point where we can have a minimal page, factual, without boasting, that can be accepted.

There were two issues with the page:
1) Notability. We need to find independent sources of references, that comply with WP criteria, whether we think they date from last century or not. I added one reference to an academic paper so far, listing CTE as "one of the major players in the field of CAT tools". Let's find others.
2) Boasting, trying to sell, etc. This is easy to avoid. While still trying to demonstrate notability, we need to avoid writing judgement of values (the best, the most used, etc.).

I am perhaps an incorrigible optimist, but I want to believe we can find a way through.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Tom in London

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The CafeTran Curse

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »