How to hide the Status column in WPro4?
Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:42
German to English
Mar 16, 2017

Is there any way to hide the mysterious Status column with a tick in it?
I like to have the WPro4 window on just half of my screen, but when I reduce the window, the tick column expands to take up most of the window. As I've managed pretty well for several years not knowing what this column is for, I reckon I could just hide it altogether. Is that possible?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:42
Screenshot Mar 16, 2017

Hi Anne,

The tick column is to verify a segment that is 100%, high fuzzy to be written to TM without having to modify the segment first. You have to click on the tick mark or use Verify segment button in Translation tab.

Now for hiding we don't have ability to do it now. But can you show us the screenshot of your Wordfast TXLF editor to see how much space it is taking?

Thank you,

John

Anne Koth wrote:

Is there any way to hide the mysterious Status column with a tick in it?
I like to have the WPro4 window on just half of my screen, but when I reduce the window, the tick column expands to take up most of the window. As I've managed pretty well for several years not knowing what this column is for, I reckon I could just hide it altogether. Is that possible?

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, here it is: Mar 17, 2017

screenshot

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Wow! Mar 17, 2017

That looks terrible.

Go to Preferences > Layout and uncheck the Hide Table Header option. Then you can resize the columns.

Best,

John

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That helps, thanks Mar 17, 2017

... though I am a secret Wf Classic afficionado who appreciated not having boxes all over the screen superfluously telling me the languages I am translating in and out of. My memory is not yet that bad!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide the Status column in WPro4?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »