Do not understand the score of wordfast
Thread poster: thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
Local time: 03:53
English to Vietnamese
Feb 6, 2009

I working with wordfast there is one point I can not understand. that is the score of wordfast. What does it mean. I just think it's like the percentage of match consider to TM but in some segment appear "N/A" and sometime "0". Can you help me
Thanks

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 22:53
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
That's odd Feb 9, 2009

That's odd, but why would you care? Either way, you still have to translate the segment, so don't bother.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
That is why I don't use Wordfast 6 Feb 9, 2009

thekidRMIT wrote:
I just think it's like the percentage of match consider to TM but in some segment appear "N/A" and sometime "0".

I also have no idea. This is one of the reasons I don't use Wordfast 6 (sorry, Wordfast Professional). Too many things that are unknown or unexplained. Or maybe I'm just a lazy mutt. Please, anyone, what does that "score" mean?

Wordfast Pro "Score" Definition Feb 9, 2009

thekidRMIT wrote:

I working with wordfast there is one point I can not understand. that is the score of wordfast. What does it mean. I just think it's like the percentage of match consider to TM but in some segment appear "N/A" and sometime "0". Can you help me
Thanks

The score column or section (depending on view) is relevant to your percentage match from your TM's.

If it states 0% that means that there was no match above your fuzzy threshold for that segment in your selected TM's.

If it states N/A that means you have not leveraged that segment yet.

If it represents a number that is the percentage match from your TM.

Regards,
Hillary

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What does that mean? Feb 9, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

Thanks, but... what does that mean?

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
yes: it's fuzziness Feb 10, 2009

I think it shows the degree of the segment similarity to the found TU.
(1) if the segment is the exact match then we get 100 (%) value;
(2) if your segment likeness is less than the [Fuzzy Match Threshold] then you get zer0 (limit penalty);
(3) else you get the content similarity value greater than the threshold (mostly for reference only)

So, let’s say we've got a 75% match – 5% for case penalty - 15% for Machine Translation and so we get
Code:
75 - 15 - 5 = [55] 

If [Fuzzy Match Threshold] is 60 and is greater than the score value (55) then we get 0 (zero) for it’s below the set limit.

But if [Fuzzy Match Threshold] is 55 and it equals or lower than the score value then we get 55 value.

Hope it helps a little. Just take it easy
Cheers

[Редактировалось 2009-02-10 15:33 GMT]
Collapse

Leveraging a Segment Definition Feb 11, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

It means that you have not compared that segment to your TM yet. Leveraging is the term used for this action.

When you Leverage your TM and there is am exact match you will receive a 100% score, when you leverage the TM and there is a similar match in your TM (from a previous translation) you will receive a % fuzzy, and if there is no match you will receive a 0%. When the Program has not compared the segment to any TM yet it will say N/A.

Thanks,
Hillary

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:53
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I think every segment should be automatically leveraged Jun 3, 2017

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

[/quote]

It means that you have not compared that segment to your TM yet. Leveraging is the term used for this action.

Hillary [/quote]

You said "If it states N/A that means you have not leveraged that segment yet." If that is true, how can I leverage those segments? I just played with a file and I found that no matter what I do about those segements, they are still labelled as "N/A".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not understand the score of wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »