Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:45
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

I spent (wasted) time today trying to pin down an ID on a potential client who contacted me. Offered a cheque, was impossible to find online until I found him here as a scam. Who has time for this nonsense?

Alexandra Scott
Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:45
Member (2006)
Italian to English
+ ...
Was able to avoid this scam thanks to previous Proz.com posts Jul 26, 2017

This site has helped me learn how to recognize scammers. I received a message this morning asking for my rates but something was off about it, mostly the fact that there was no real ID provided. I searched two payment practices sites including the Blue Board but there was no information available but a general Google search led me to this Proz.com ... See more
This site has helped me learn how to recognize scammers. I received a message this morning asking for my rates but something was off about it, mostly the fact that there was no real ID provided. I searched two payment practices sites including the Blue Board but there was no information available but a general Google search led me to this Proz.com discussion:

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/316240-suspicious_overpayment_for_my_translation_job.html
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:45
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Alfred Jul 26, 2017

is also here:

http://www.translator-scammers.com/pdf/TSD_TRANSLATOR_SCAMMERS_ADDRESSES.pdf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The return of Alfred

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »