Jessica Franceschina
Jessica Franceschina
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2016

Hi everyone,

I need to change the language for the comments of the Word Track Changes function and don't know how to do that.

I have everything in Italian on my laptop, but need to do this in English for my client.

Thanks for advising,

Jessica

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 16:58
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Changing 'comment' language Dec 8, 2016

The 'comments' use a standard 'style', which can be edited like any other — so you just have to access that style, then change the 'language' attribute.

Jessica Franceschina
Jessica Franceschina
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How exactly? Dec 8, 2016

Thank you, Tony.

I've spent a lot of time trying to edit the 'style' but couldn't do it. Could you please tell me where to find that edit option?

Thanks,

Jessica

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 16:58
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Here's how (Word XP) Dec 8, 2016

I'm using an old version of Word, so I don't know how it operates in more recent versions.

Here's what I have to do:

1) Place cursor within a comment

2) From 'Format' menu, select 'Styles and Formatting' — the S&F pane will open on right-hand side of screen, and in the 'Formatting of selected text' box you should see "Comment Text"

3) Right-click in this box, which will reveal a 'down' arrow 'v' on its right (Note: it might not be necessary t
... See more
I'm using an old version of Word, so I don't know how it operates in more recent versions.

Here's what I have to do:

1) Place cursor within a comment

2) From 'Format' menu, select 'Styles and Formatting' — the S&F pane will open on right-hand side of screen, and in the 'Formatting of selected text' box you should see "Comment Text"

3) Right-click in this box, which will reveal a 'down' arrow 'v' on its right (Note: it might not be necessary to right-click in order to see this!)

4) Click on the V to open a little drop-down menu, which includes the option 'Modify'; left-click on this to select the option, and then you will see a standard Modify Style window appear, where you can change all the attributes of that style — the 'Language' attributes can be found under the 'Fromat' button in the bottom left-hand corner.

When you click 'OK', your style will have been modified.

HTH
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change language of the Track Changes function comment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »